PDA

View Full Version : Crown royal contest rejected mail

dbuske
September 8th, 2004, 1:29pm
Well the mailman brought a big tube from Crown Royal, It had 2.73 cents postage due. I refused delivery. I had no notice of a win from them, so I refused it. Maybe dumb, maybe not.

ravengoth
September 8th, 2004, 1:33pm
Well, I got one of those. It was a poster of a crown royal bottle relaxing in a hammock!!

dbuske
September 8th, 2004, 1:37pm
Thank goodness I didn't pay for it. Is it from a contest? Or, a new nasty way to advertise?

mthreads
September 8th, 2004, 1:37pm
I got one today too...no postage due. Just left on the doorstep with a knock by the mailman. I wonder why yours would have postage due?

dbuske
September 8th, 2004, 1:40pm
This is the second time I had a package with postage due. I just moved to a small little town. Maybe the local postal workers have a money making scheme? Only half kidding.

luckysarah
September 8th, 2004, 1:45pm
That is odd. Maybe you should call your post office and ask why.

luvscats36
September 8th, 2004, 1:49pm
Its possible that your mail is coming postage due because it was sent to your old address. Certain mailings will get an extra charge for forwarding, Hope that helps, Val

dbuske
September 8th, 2004, 1:57pm
That's probably it, I will just check to see who it's from before agreeing to pay the postage. I made the right call today.

IwannaWin2
September 8th, 2004, 5:51pm
The Post Office only forwards priority mail, express mail and first class letters 4 free.
They will forward parcel post, etc, but they also will charge you for that.