PDA

View Full Version : How can you find out if you have a package coming?

birdac
August 12th, 2004, 2:00pm
I was reading through some forums and a few people said you can track UPS orders. Do you need a tracking #? Also can you put in your name and address? Does Fed Ex and the USPS also do this?

Thank you,
Scott

guruwan2b
August 12th, 2004, 2:09pm
If you get a hang tag it will have a tracking number on it. You can go to UPS or Fedex sites and put in the tracking number.
I don't think you can do it by name or address, just tracking number.
Kim

satellite78
August 12th, 2004, 3:52pm
If you call Fed Ex they can look in their system to see if you have a package coming to your address.

However, this system is not always accurate, so don't rely on it.

manic sweeper
August 14th, 2004, 10:18pm
I received a notice today that the mailman tried to deliver a cert. letter and the slip has a tracking number on it. I went to the usps.com site to check out who the sender was but it only tells me when the attempted delivery was made.

The site says you can request current shipment information or updates to be sent to you or other recipients by email and that you can Track & Confirm by email. I signed up for the service but it will be two hours before I get an email on initiation to membership.
"We can send you email notification regarding your shipment number". Although I didn't see any origin of my package, at least the P.O. is finally getting with the tracking program :)

CouponAholic
August 14th, 2004, 11:56pm
If you call Fed Ex they can look in their system to see if you have a package coming to your address.

However, this system is not always accurate, so don't rely on it.

If I call every day do you think they'll get pissed? :laugh:

Krystal
August 15th, 2004, 12:22am
If I call every day do you think they'll get pissed? :laugh:

I think we need to test that out! :laugh:

CouponAholic
August 15th, 2004, 12:43am
I think we need to test that out! :laugh:

Ok - Give me the #. I'll start calling and I'll log how long it takes before they get pissed. I might as well add UPS to the list too just for poops and giggles.

Autumn Breeze
August 15th, 2004, 1:09am
I know I would like to find out what is coming through FedEx since they just leave packages at my door to get stolen! I went to FedEX.com to see if it is possible. It looks like it is worth a try to set up a FedEx account and sign up for FedEx Insight. Here are the details of that service from Fedex.com - click on track tab then click track without a tracking number.

A free service that can provide you with a new level of visibility. After you register for FedEx InSight, you will be able to:

* Track without a tracking or reference number
* Receive proactive shipment notifications
* Monitor all of your shipments

Features

* InSight will display current status on all shipments matched to your account number and/or address.
* Monitor all your shipments through reliable status updates for all incoming, outgoing, and third party shipments.
* Receive immediate notifications about clearance delays, attempted deliveries, proofs of delivery, and more- via email, Internet, or wireless.

Benefits

* Save time by eliminating the need to track each package separately
* Provide current status information if a shipment is delayed to avoid customer complaints
* More efficiently plan manufacturing or distribution resources with proactive delay notifications, thereby decreasing costs

tkh823
November 9th, 2004, 6:59pm
Does this FedEx InSight feature still work? When I click to register I get an error message. :worry:

aaahchuu
November 10th, 2004, 7:04am
You have to register at Fedex.com first and there's a charge.

TawnyNY
November 10th, 2004, 7:41am
Aren't we all registered by entering their instant sweeps here?

Chrysie
November 10th, 2004, 8:03am
There is no charge to sign up for fedex insight. They send you a password to activate your account. The password comes fedex, so don't get too excited if you sign up and a day or two later you see the white truck pull in your driveway! :)

twinmommytoo
November 10th, 2004, 8:17am
There is no charge to sign up for fedex insight. They send you a password to activate your account. The password comes fedex, so don't get too excited if you sign up and a day or two later you see the white truck pull in your driveway! :)
My password came in a #10 envelope via regular mail. Now if someone would just send me something so I can see if it really works.

aaahchuu
November 22nd, 2004, 8:35pm
Ok I've signed up....thnx for the info! :gvibes: