PDA

View Full Version : Not to be cheesy, but...

cakegirl79
June 25th, 2004, 3:24pm
Does anybody have any good recipes to use Feta cheese in? I have some extra from making Greek salad the other night. I would love some tasty suggestions. Thanks!!!!

Cassie725
June 25th, 2004, 4:45pm
I know this my sound strange I though it did when my boyfriend suggested it but I add Feta Cheese in my Stuffed Pasta Shells. I take cooked hamburger, different cheeses, and the feta cheese mix together and stuff in the large pasta shells place in baking dish and cover with favorite pasta sauce cover cook 30 min uncover add a white cheese (your choice) cook another 10 min remove from oven let stand 15 min serve with a side salad maybe even a cup of wine enjoy.

cakegirl79
June 25th, 2004, 4:54pm
Thank you, that sounds really good!!!!

Maineiac
June 25th, 2004, 5:48pm
We love feta in just about everything...sure jazzes up a meatloaf (just mix in in with everything else), use it in twice baked potatoes, great on scrambled eggs, I even like it just mashed down on a piece of buttered toast...yummo.

tigress2b
June 25th, 2004, 6:06pm
Makes a great omelette with spinach, mushroom and tomatoes. :gvibes: I think you could also grill a steak and put it on the steak just before removing it from the grill so it "melts" a bit

carogonza
June 25th, 2004, 6:18pm
THis recipe can be made two ways. You can make it and stuff it in tomatoes and bake them or you can just make the filling and eat it as a side dish.

Take some tomatoes and take the top off and scoop the insides out - save. Get some onions and garlic and saute. Once the onions are translucent add the tomato you scooped then add some spinach. I use the frozen kind - make sure it's thawed and drained. Heat with onions and garlic add salt and pepper to taste. When everything is mixed add a container of Feta cheese and melt in. If you decide to stuff the tomatoes, add about 1/2 cup of bread crumbs to the mixture. (If you are not stuffing into tomatoes, then just serve up as is.) After stuffing tomatoes put some bread crumbs on top and bake until you see the tomatoes are soft.

This is so good!! I love making it and it is really easy.