PDA

View Full Version : Stick a Fork in it -- It's done!

Veuve-Cliquot
June 21st, 2004, 2:05pm
Well, just in time for the big 4th of July barbecue weekend, I discovered a new handy gadget that I have to sing praises for.

It's the Barbecue Thermometer - a big fork with a digital thermometer attached to it. You stick the fork into whatever you're grilling, and a digital readout provides the internal temperature of the meat.

This thing is brilliant! My roommate likes her meat extremely well done (I know... I know... she's a freak) and I like mine basically raw with some nice char on the outside. Now we both get what we want without having to cut open the meat sixteen times to check on the doneness.

I totally recommend this gadget!

tigress2b
June 21st, 2004, 3:24pm
hey cool VC Which one did you buy and if I may be so rude what was the price? We bought a new grill this weekend. Okay we didnt buy it my mom bought it for us as an early anniversary gift. Anyway, we often have this "doneness" issue at our house as dH and I like it your way and some of ours friends like it the freaky way :grin5:

Karen_246
June 21st, 2004, 3:28pm
These are handy - I bought a couple of them last year for my Mom and SIL - and they love them. I think I got mine from LakeSide, but I can't remember and it was between $10-20, but they can probably be bought cheaper locally.

Written on the handle is things like Rare, Medium, Well Done, etc - and it lights up to that point.

Karen

Veuve-Cliquot
June 21st, 2004, 3:34pm
I got it at Fred Meyer, I'm not sure what brand it is (if it even has a brand name). It was ten bucks. I'll look at it when I get home and see if I can figure out which one it is -- although the one Karen246 has sounds cooler. Mine doesn't light up like that -- it just shows the temperature, and then you have to look at the handle to see what temperature is "rare," "medium," etc.

tigress2b
June 21st, 2004, 3:36pm
thanks you too! DH just came in my office and "requested" a cover for "his' grill :trolls: :gvibes: aand if you ask him its "his" digital camera to :gvibes:

jenninshelby
June 21st, 2004, 10:11pm
If it is not rare or med. rare? I do not eat the steak. Maybe I need one of these because everytime I eat rare steaks I worry if I am gonna have to go to the E.R.