PDA

View Full Version : anything Alanis Morissette -- will buy or trade!

missweasel
March 7th, 2000, 9:55am
You guys please keep your eyes and ears open for any sweeps related to Alanis Morissette (the singer, Jagged Little Pill, "Isn't it ironic? doncha think?"). Anyways, if you win, I want first dibs. Please, please, please, please!!!!!!! She's not promoting anything right now, so there are no sweeps around at the moment. But later this year she's going into the studio again, so you guys have to help me out here. :) The only thing I'm more obsessed with than sweeping is her.

Thanks everyone and happy sweeping!

Allison

------------------
Meet me down at the Bottom Line (http://www145.pair.com/alandam/index.html)

phiegl
March 7th, 2000, 8:28pm
Hey, she's excellent isn't she? I saw her in Richmond last year in a small theater. It was pretty funny when she fell right on her butt while she was dancing/jumping around though. She wasn't hurt, good thing (those young bones). I actually like her "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" better than "Jagged Little Pill" although the latter sold about a trillion copies. I heard she is in the Guinness Book of Records for selling the most debut albums and that she wrote and recorded the "Jagged" album in one night. Is that true?

------------------
phiegl

missweasel
March 8th, 2000, 11:29am
Wow another Alanis fan! I saw her twice last year. I guess the Richmond show was the day after the Chapel Hill, NC show which was my first. I also drove down to see her in Charlotte with Tori Amos -- 4th row center for that one! I prefer SFIJ too, although JLP was a great album.

The "You Learn" spins -- where she spins and spins and spins until she gets dizzy and falls on her butt -- she does that almost every show FYI! She also routinely forgets the words to her songs. She cracks me up!

Let's see...yes, JLP is in the Guiness book of world records for highest selling debut album. Umm...no, JLP wasn't written in a day. But Glen Ballard and Alanis began writing during their very first meeting. They wrote several songs the first day including a song called "The Bottom Line" (hence my signature), but "Perfect" was the only one to make it on JLP from that first meeting. They wrote the rest of the album over the next couple of weeks.

Do you remember or were you aware that MTV had a sweeps last year where the prize was a private concert by Alanis at your house? Well, I sent in somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 entries. They drew my name as a "finalist" but I wasn't selected in the subsequent drawing. But there was no mention of two drawings in the official rules once I finally got a copy. Oh well. I almost gave up sweeping after that fiasco, but I guess I'm over it now.

Happy Sweeping and thanks for sharing!

Allison

Antuanette
March 8th, 2000, 9:55pm
Allison,
This isn't a contest or sweep, but I thought you may want to take a look at it:
http://www.customdisc.com/cd/express/550.asp?g=%2D1&rid=535&ln=0&sln=0&code=0&mscssid=JAE3FD3SWUS12GGT00A3HDXQV2NSE8M3

A~

missweasel
March 9th, 2000, 2:12pm
Hey thanks alot! I actually already bought them about a month ago -- got two so I could get eight out of nine. But it was a pretty obscure deal that I could have easily overlooked so I really appreciate your letting me know about it! :)