PDA

View Full Version : $200.00 GC from Varsitybooks.com

phiegl
February 2nd, 2000, 12:40am
Is anyone interested in merchandise from them. I looked and looked and couldn't find anything I would want. They don't even have decent software or even blank disks I can record or write onto. I would spend the whole thing on disks I could record or write on(Does anyone see them anywhere?)if they had them. Why did I enter this one? Oh well, if anyone wants to trade, swap, buy or whatever, post a reply to this PLEASEEEEE!!! Thanks

------------------
phiegl

marinersrock
February 2nd, 2000, 1:24am
Hey, congrats, ugg! (not ug, but, YOU GO GIRL!)

I just told my parents that you were interested in trading because my sister just began college about 6 months ago at Seattle Pacific University, and that 200 would help very much if it could go towards textbooks that she would need, though I defiently do not want to trade my dreamcast, or any other prizes I have won! lol, and so we are trying to think of some trade or something, because it would be very helpful! Please get back soon in what you would think you would maybe sell it for or something of that sort

-Brian (13)

SCsweeper
February 2nd, 2000, 10:39pm
Yo Phiegl,

I would gladly send you a check (or money order if you don't trust my check :( ) for $100 in return for the GC. I also entered but, as always, did not win.

Happy Sweeping :) Greg

booboo
February 3rd, 2000, 12:46am
I assume you wouldn't want to trade for another $200 GC from Varsitybooks.com. I just saw my win notice. They really have nothing??? I haven't looked yet, but if it's that bad, I may be interested in trading too.

------------------
Take Care!

Boo Boo

phiegl
February 3rd, 2000, 8:30pm
They have some CD-ROMs that may be interesting when I looked through the site again. Like Rand McNally tripmaker, Dynamic Human CD-ROM, Dinosaurs, SNL-20 years, World Shakespeare Bibliography, etc. But I think I could use $100.00 for something I would use more like blank CD-RW-R to copy my files and record mp3s. Let's wait until I get the GC and either Brian or SCsweeper, whoever wants it for $100, we can work it out. They said it would take 4-6 weeks to send it electronically, which I don't understand. I'll post when I receive it. Thanks for the offers guys.

------------------
phiegl

marinersrock
February 3rd, 2000, 9:21pm
electronicly means they will probably just send you an e-mail with a code in it, and when you buy something, you'll just input that code!

phiegl
February 3rd, 2000, 10:58pm
Hi Brian,
Thanks, I knew it would be an email, what I didn't understand was why it would take 4-6 weeks to send it. Did your parents or sister visit the site to see if they carried any of the books she would need for school? What is her major?

------------------
phiegl

marinersrock
February 4th, 2000, 1:11am
Okay :) she is majoring in Biology to become a physical therapist..
My parents decided they didn't think they would want to buy it from you, so you can count us out in this "auction" Probably just takes a while for them to e-mail it because of processing all your information, or they're just too lazy!

meydey
February 8th, 2000, 2:49pm
Hey phiegl or booboo, I might just be in need of a GC from them. I'm in school right now and will be buying more books in April. If the wife OK's, I'll give $100 for one of those GC's. Leave a note hear or send me a note at meydey@wa.freei.net

Later, Mike

------------------
Mike
I could do anything if I just knew what it was.

phiegl
February 8th, 2000, 8:00pm
I think it will be a while before anyone gets their GC. I'll post whenever I get it. In the meantime those that are interested should check to see if what you need is available from them and if not can you order it. I seem to remember that there were a lot of backorders.

------------------
phiegl

booboo
February 9th, 2000, 1:03am
ditto.

------------------
Take Care!

Boo Boo

coach5256
February 20th, 2000, 9:15pm
I received my GC from Varsitybooks and discovered that you can use it for anything sold on the web, not just at VB.