PDA

View Full Version : SCsweeper

SCsweeper
December 20th, 1999, 2:48pm
Hello Sweepers,

Today I received a package via UPS from the "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" sweeps promoting the new movie.

Although I was not lucky enough to win the Halloween, 2000 trip to Tarrytown, NY, I did receive a baseball cap and a copy of the book.

My children are too old (or too cool, at any rate) for the book. If anyone would like to have the book for their kids or grandkids(any greatgrands?)I will be happy to send it to you for postage cost only (probably a couple of bucks).

The book (my guess-an ARV of $6 to $12) is a very nice hardbound 103 page book published in 1993 by Derrydale (division of Random House) and is illustrated by Arthur Rackham who is well known for his many illustrations of stories, fairy tales, etc. I own a couple Grimm's Fairy Tale reprint books which have Rackham illustrations.

Anyway, if interested, post here. First come, first served.

Greg

Antuanette
December 21st, 1999, 1:03pm
Hi there! My boys would love the book! We haven't been to see the new movie, yet--we chose Toy Story 2 last time we went! But, they love the animated version by Disney. My email is mystic@iqnetsys.net If anyone at your place actually wears baseball caps (my husband and boys do not) I will be more than happy to send you my "Webstakes Winter" one when I get it for a trade. Just let me know.
A~

SCsweeper
December 21st, 1999, 5:25pm
Antuanette,

I'm glad someone can use the book - it's yours. I'll be in touch through the direct email address you left to get address, etc.

Merry Christmas :)