1-2 yellow onions diced
1-2 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup white wine (optional)
8oz sliced mushrooms
1.5 Ė2 lb baby Yukon gold potatoes cut into chunks
1 cup of baby carrots cut into bite size
ĺ cup celery largely diced
2 cans (12-14oz?ea ) Chicken broth
1 can of peas with pearl onions (optional)
1-2 tbsp corn starch
1 tube of Pillsbury flaky buttermilk biscuits.
Fresh parsley
More garlic

1. Combine: salt, pepper, paprika and minced garlic and rub all over chicken and set aside

2. Melt butter and sautť onions (translucent and a some a bit brown)

3. Place thighs in a single layer in pot and sear the outsides. Brown on both sides.

4. Deglaze with ĺ c white wine

5. Add: Herbs, mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, celery and chicken broth cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. 30-40 minutes. Could also place in a preheated oven 375 or so until done. (Remember I used a pressure cooker and am some what guessing on the cooking time and temp so about that will need to be watched)

6. I removed the biscuits from the tube placed them in plastic wrap and coated them with fresh minced parsley and garlic. Wrapped the plastic around to seal in the flavor. And let it sit while the chicken cooked.
7. Drain juice from peas into a measuring cup and add corn starch. If you donít add the peas mix the starch with ľ cup of cold water. Whisk into pot, add peas and place biscuits on top. Roll them once or twice to coat with gravy. Cook until biscuits are cooked thru. They are going to be soggy but thatís what gives them that dumpling effect. Cover partly to help steam the biscuits. I think about 20 minutes of further simmering or place back in the oven.

** My grocery store sells plastic containers with fresh herbs. I take one leaf of sage, and one sprig of thyme and rosemary. I twist them together to release the flavor and then I wrap it in cheese cloth and tie it shut and toss it in. That way I get all the great flavor without the mess and hassle of removing it from the stems. Of course you can use dried herbs and vary it according to the flavors you like. And if you donít have cheese cloth just strip the herbs from the stems and mince and toss in the pot

SeaAngel
April 2nd, 2004, 8:37am
:hello: Hi Tigress! This recipe sound fabulous! I am definitely going to have to try it the next time I make Chicken & Dumplings as my current recipe is pretty darn sad. I use canned chicken and canned chicken broth with the canned biscuits. My oma would be appalled. :shock: Thanks for sharing!

MidnightMoon
April 2nd, 2004, 11:22am
Thank you! I have been looking for a recipe for this!!! :gvibes:

tigress2b
April 2nd, 2004, 11:45am
I have this in a word document if anyone wants me to email it to them just pm me with your email address. For some reason you cant attach a document when you email thru the OLS site. You could also email me and Ill insert the attachment and reply. Most of my recipes are in word so if there are any you would like just let me know

karengeiger@sbcglobal.net