PDA

View Full Version : Any Atkins or South Beach recipes?

pantherpaw
March 15th, 2004, 6:28pm
I'm on (and off and on and off and...) the South Beach diet. Anyone else doing a low-carb diet and have a recipe you want to share?

Here's one I like:

SAUTEED SPINACH makes 4 1/2C servings
1/4C Zesty Italian Dressing
2t minced garlic
8C baby spinach leaves
2T bacon bits
In a large pot saute the garlic in the dressing for 1 min, then add the spinach. Cover & cook for 4-6 min until wilted. Top with bacon bits and serve.

ups91
March 15th, 2004, 7:50pm
I have a recipe for kale greens that is very similar to the spinach one. I don't like spinach cooked. I do have a spinach salad recipe I will dig up and post here. Friends on Atkin's love it!!

ups91
March 15th, 2004, 8:12pm
Tossed Spinach Salad

1 Pkg (10 Oz) Fresh Spinach, Torn
1 Pound Fresh Mushrooms, Sliced
1/2 Pounds Bacon, Cooked And Crumbled
3 Celery Ribs, Sliced
4 0z Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3 Hard Cooked Eggs, Chopped
3 Green Onions, Sliced

In Large Bowl Lightly Toss All Ingredients Together.

daizee
March 18th, 2004, 7:43pm
Flourless PB Cookies

1 cup Peanut butter
1/2 cup Splenda
1 whole Egg

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2 Combine ingredients and drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet.
3 Bake for 8 minutes.
4 Let cool for at least 5 minutes.

Not great for induction, but a nice treat at 3 net carbs per cookie. Yummy and easy!

Twizz1233
March 18th, 2004, 10:12pm
Okay....I sort of discovered this by accident but I LOVE it! And it cures my crunchie cravings.

Spray a salad-sized plate with non-stick spray. Take a handfull of shredded cheese and sprinkle it on the plate. Microwave for two minutes. If the cheese is starting to get a darker color, it's finished! Immediately remove from the microwave and bend the cheese into a taco-shell shape. Let it cool, and then fill with taco meat and enjoy!!

You can also break it up into pieces and snack on it. Yum. I have found that the cheese that you buy already shredded works best. :)

icolena
March 19th, 2004, 3:43pm
Twizz1233 - that sounds awesome! Thanks! I've done that with string cheese before (I cut it into rounds and microwave it until it's crispy) but I've never tried using the shredded kind before.

Here is a good one:

Meatcrust Pizza

Brown about 2 pound of extra lean ground beef. Preheat oven to 350. Put hot beef in a large bowl & mix well with 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Spread mixture out like a pizza crust on a cookie sheet or a baking stone. Put 1 cup pizza sauce on the mixture. Ragu is ok.(pizza sauce, no sugar in it) Top with 1-2 cups of shredded mozzarella. Top with whatever pizza toppings you like. I usually stick with veggies since the crust is mainly meat, but pepperoni, onions, mushrooms are good. Cook 15 min. or so (when top cheese starts to brown it is done.) Put foil on rack below to catch any drippings. Let set just a few minutes before cutting so crust sets.