PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Lasagna

Current
March 13th, 2004, 6:14pm
5 cups prepared chili (your own recipe or canned)
16 lasagna noodles, cooked
1 16 oz. can refried beans
4 cups shredded cheese (your choice...mexican blend, chedder, colby, monterey jack, mozzarella, or a mixture of whatever you like)

Chopped jalapeno peppers if desired
Chopped green onions if desired
Sour cream if desired
Diced tomatoes if desired
salt and pepper to taste
Tabasco sauce if desired
Tortilla chips
Salsa

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 13x9 ungreased baking pan, spread 1 cup of the chili. Place 4 of the lasagna noodles on top of the chili. Sprinkle a thin layer of the shredded cheese. Place 1/2 cup of chili and 1/4th of the beans over that. Sprinkle with more cheese. Repeat these layers three times. Don't worry about getting it all covered, a spoonful here and a spoonful there will suffice. Top with the rest of the cheese, add more if you are a cheese lover.

Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes more until it bubbles. Let stand for at least 10 minutes to set before cutting.

If desired, sprinkle diced tomatoes, green onions and jalapeno peppers on top. Dot with sour cream. For those who like it......add a few drops of Tabasco here and there.

Serve with Tortilla chips and salsa.

carogonza
March 13th, 2004, 7:00pm
Current,
you are a cooking machine. This recipe sounds as yummy as the no cook macaroni & cheese. I am putting this on my list for a Thursday night dinner!!!

Current
March 13th, 2004, 7:07pm
:gvibes:

I love cooking, so expect more....LOL!

sjr1535
March 14th, 2004, 12:07am
That sounds wonderful. I love Mexican food!! I think I may add a little browned and drained chorizo.

SJR