PDA

View Full Version : Database Error

kbsocial
February 3rd, 2012, 3:34pm
We are sorry for the inconvenience that the “database error” is causing the site. The volunteer moderators, editors and I have no knowledge beyond what all of you have encountered. We are all just as frustrated as many would like to sweep themselves and edit the submitted sweeps.

The constant thread posting and complaining will not get it back any faster. All threads, other than this one, will be closed and should we hear any updates, we will make them available to you. At this point in time none of the volunteer team has heard anything, the threats and bashing will now stop. We understand the frustration, but there is no need to get hostile towards volunteer moderators, editors or one another.

Thank you!

jshove1
February 3rd, 2012, 3:36pm
We are sorry for the inconvenience that the “database error” is causing the site. The volunteer moderators, editors and I have no knowledge beyond what all of you have encountered. We are all just as frustrated as many would like to sweep themselves and edit the submitted sweeps.

The constant thread posting and complaining will not get it back any faster. All threads, other than this one, will be closed and should we hear any updates, we will make them available to you. At this point in time none of the volunteer team has heard anything, the threats and bashing will now stop. We understand the frustration, but there is no need to get hostile towards volunteer moderators, editors or one another.

Thank you!

Im sorry that anyone was hostile or mean. I think they just wanted some acknowledgement. It's good youre closing down the threads though so nothing perpetuates. Thanks for all your hard work!

guruwan2b
February 3rd, 2012, 3:37pm
Thanks, KB.

janess
February 3rd, 2012, 3:37pm
Thank you KB

margarita_mama
February 3rd, 2012, 3:38pm
thanks kb! Is Brent aware of the situation with the database errors?
And more importantly, has he acknowledged that he is aware of the database errors?

TooOlduvai
February 3rd, 2012, 3:39pm
I hope Brent is ok.

Inkyskeeper
February 3rd, 2012, 3:39pm
ok, and thank you for posting :wavy:

tasslehoff
February 3rd, 2012, 3:41pm
KB im sorry if people were being nasty to you or any other volunteers here. You guys are the only ones, EVER, to say anything when this crap happens. People need to put the blame where it belongs and it isnt on your shoulders.

Suesur
February 3rd, 2012, 3:41pm
Thanks for all your hard work KB. This goes for all the mods. I appreciate all that you do to make this site so easy to use. It will get fixed. I can wait.

In fact right now "they" could be drawing my name for a grand prize in an expired sweep thanks to this site. Fingers crossed!!

traumer
February 3rd, 2012, 3:42pm
Thank you for the official information. At least we got that bit of info.

Rhozalea
February 3rd, 2012, 3:42pm
thanks not good news but thx 4 informing us

:cheer10:

annulla
February 3rd, 2012, 3:43pm
Thanks.

Jerzee64
February 3rd, 2012, 3:46pm
Thanks!

elizabethg1
February 3rd, 2012, 3:48pm
Thanks for the post. Is anyone in touch with Brent (who I'm guessing is the site owner)?

LetItFly
February 3rd, 2012, 3:50pm
Has anyone heard from the Boss Man?

mogrill
February 3rd, 2012, 3:51pm
Thanks KB...these things happen. :bounce:

Darkbee
February 3rd, 2012, 3:51pm
Thank you mods for your forum cleanup efforts.

allycat
February 3rd, 2012, 3:53pm
KB...and all mods, editors, and other volunteers. I've been a member for many, many years and love OLS so much! Wow, what a wonderful hobby we get to enjoy.

Because entering sweeps and hanging out at OLS is in our blood, it's sometimes very hard to stop doing what we love. I know I need my sweeps interaction every single day, and I take these little moments in time, of not being able to enter sweeps, as a chance to do some things I always put off. I actually take this time to get away from the computer and rejuvenate.

Of course I keep coming back to check (just in case) that we're back up and running. Until then, I'm going to chill a bit. :wavy:

Thanks again KB for the update. We truly appreciate all of you very much.

margarita_mama
February 3rd, 2012, 3:56pm
Those of you going and signing up with a new user name and paying AGAIN for premium sweeps, can you post just how many are shown for yesterday and today?
I've been watching the premium new sweep and the regular new sweep forums, and haven't seen but roughly 20-30 or so new sweeps appear in that area since the site went down.
I know that on occassion, I have noticed that not all "new" sweeps get passed through those two forums (never have figured out how that happens, though), so was just curious if the main listing is showing a far greater number of new sweeps vs what is showing up in the forum listings that I'm watching.

deputydawg
February 3rd, 2012, 3:56pm
My understanding is that it is against the rule of OLS to even mention another site. If you do a Google, you will find sweepstakes sites with a "my sweepstakes" area and the " Premium sweepstakes" for free. I do believe that many of you are overreacting to this outage. If this site comprises this much of your life, then you don't have one.

guruwan2b
February 3rd, 2012, 3:57pm
Those of you going and signing up with a new user name and paying AGAIN for premium sweeps, can you post just how many are shown for yesterday and today?
I've been watching the premium new sweep and the regular new sweep forums, and haven't seen but roughly 20-30 or so new sweeps appear in that area since the site went down.
I know that on occassion, I have noticed that not all "new" sweeps get passed through those two forums (never have figured out how that happens, though), so was just curious if the main listing is showing a far greater number of new sweeps vs what is showing up in the forum listings that I'm watching.

Today is 141. Let me look at yesterday's. 211.

margarita_mama
February 3rd, 2012, 4:02pm
Today is 141. Let me look at yesterday's. 211.

Thank you! So there are numerous ones that aren't being passed through the forum listings.
Like I said, I've always wondered how that happens.

Perhaps an editor can go through the sweep listings and put links in to the premium forum listings of some of those sweeps....at least the "premium" ones. At least then, we would all be able to get to the URL's even if we can't get to the listing itself.

michelena2000
February 3rd, 2012, 4:06pm
Thanks again KB!

page38
February 3rd, 2012, 4:06pm
Thank you for letting us know!

There probably would not have been so much "constant" posting had some kind of announcement been made sooner. Something to keep in mind if something like this happens again.

GracieCat
February 3rd, 2012, 4:10pm
Thank you for letting us know!

There probably would not have been so much "constant" posting had some kind of announcement been made sooner. Something to keep in mind if something like this happens again.

I agree with that statement.

sweetgrams
February 3rd, 2012, 4:14pm
For the updates. I don't understand how others can be so mean. I am on your side. I am patient.. Hopefully will find a solution do you think it could be a virus or hacked?

Thank you and have a good day.:smile4:

gigi
February 3rd, 2012, 4:17pm
thanks KB, I hope Brent is well. and that OLS comes back soon.:notworthy

talin710
February 3rd, 2012, 4:31pm
Thank you KB.

Annie
February 3rd, 2012, 4:31pm
I'm copying and pasting from another thread I posted in today:

I've been around for a longggggggggggggg time and no explanation is typical. I'm not saying it's right just saying this is the way he is.
I think an explanation at this point would be nice!

linzoid
February 3rd, 2012, 4:32pm
In this age of random and continuous hacking, the thought occurred to me that OLS may have been targeted. I don't know if Brent stores credit card/checking account/PayPal info on his server, but I emailed PayPal just to see if they could confirm with OLS that the site is secure and is just having "mechanical problems". If they answer, I'll update accordingly.

:cool3:

Ishy
February 3rd, 2012, 4:34pm
There really isnt any update or explaination - just a matter of fact conclusion to suck it up :)

If the mods are just as frustrated as the rest of us, wouldn't some of the information perhaps be helpful?
There were posts to try to narrow down why some premium members had full access and some didn't.
I thought they maybe on to something - since it appear most of us were avil mysweep users and probably had a lot of expired sweeps saved from 10 years ago? i know i had almost 40k and that was nothing compared to some others.. I dont think it was browswer or OS related.

I hope the database admin can give us an update - if the database was corrupt mysweep info lost, its not the end of the world, just alittle more work for those of us to rebuild what we had.

Lpwilmer
February 3rd, 2012, 4:40pm
I just want to have the experience of posting in a thread, after two days of frustration. Ahhh, this feels nice.

Hask44
February 3rd, 2012, 4:40pm
Thanks KB.

nikkik
February 3rd, 2012, 4:44pm
Thanks KB

awssm
February 3rd, 2012, 4:49pm
:twoclap:Finally, someone taking charge.

Lisargold
February 3rd, 2012, 4:58pm
Thanks for the update KB. The ugliness and pushiness really is unacceptable.

Lisa

dawns41
February 3rd, 2012, 5:06pm
KB, thanks! I hope it is fixed soon.

tfacey
February 3rd, 2012, 5:07pm
Posted on the OLS facebook page:

[Brent] Hey guys. I'm on top of it. I'll get it fixed as soon as possible. Will keep you updated.

traumer
February 3rd, 2012, 5:15pm
Its working again thanks Brent:cheer4:

figgyfigg
February 3rd, 2012, 5:15pm
I just logged in and everything is back up and running fine for me.

1Chance4Laura
February 3rd, 2012, 5:16pm
It's up and working for me! around 5:13 p.m. EST

talin710
YYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! It's up! (Sorry, I just had to get that out!)

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

Inkyskeeper
well mysweeps and everything else it is back for me..anyone else? :goodevil:

thank you :fairy5:

sweepmama
February 3rd, 2012, 5:19pm
I'm so happy right now!!!!

sadkins
Im sorry that anyone was hostile or mean. I think they just wanted some acknowledgement. It's good youre closing down the threads though so nothing perpetuates. Thanks for all your hard work!

Yes, thanks for your hard and tireless work!

clc408
It's UP!!!

gigi
February 3rd, 2012, 5:21pm
ty!!!!!!!!!!:offwall:

rocksea_lady
February 3rd, 2012, 5:26pm
YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I can finally post!!

Sweetbaby1219
February 3rd, 2012, 5:28pm
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :offwall:

catlady13711
February 3rd, 2012, 5:30pm
Working for me finally.. thanks!!!

shecandoit
February 3rd, 2012, 5:31pm
I just want to say Thank-you to everyone who volunteers and helps run OLS. I love coming here. I missed being on here yesterday, but on the positive side, I did get to bed early. I hope we will all have a HOF win soon. :magic: I also just noticed that today I have been a member for 9 years! Woohooo!

Alexandrea
February 3rd, 2012, 5:47pm
HA! I've just spent the last 5 hours weeding through my history trying to find all my sweeps to bookmark in case it didn't ever come back up.
I KNEW just when I finished I'd come back to this thread to find that it was working again ;)

Glad I can go double check and make sure I didn't miss anything now. yay!